Well, as ShoesieQ writes, it seems that the summer is still hanging on. Which bearing in mind that its now pretty much the end of September (!) means just one thing: Strictly Come Dancing is back! Plus, perhaps more pertinently (at least as far as this blog is concerned) it’s time to think about buying some new shoes or, even better, BOOTS!
So, on the off chance that you, dear shoelover, are wondering what you need to look out for in the shops this season, here’s ShoesieQ’s Top 5 trends for AW16:
1) Toes are having a bit of what fashionistas like to term a “moment” – so you’ll continue to see a few pointy shoes and boots, such as these gorgeous suede courts by Hogl and K&S. But if you look hard you may also spot there’s also a sub-trend of squared off toes, particularly on biker boots.
2) Chelsea boots. Yes we know, not exactly high fashion, but as always oh so useful, so definitely worth a mention. As you can see from these fin examples by Fly London and Vagabond, this season’s Chelseas they’re a bit more grungy, with a platform and or a bit of a heel rather than the ladylike version we saw so much of last year.
3) Loafers and Lace Ups. These fab shoes by Vagabond, Tamaris and Lilimill respectively are proof, if proof were needed, that Androgeny rules!And as you can see from these pics the most fashionable Oxfords, brogues and lace ups are on a bit of a platform. Which leads us nicely on to……
4) Platforms. Elegant wedges have all but disappeared to be replaced by the resurgence of the Platforms of all depths and sizes, from barely there to full-on 1970s in your face (though there are still plenty of wedge platforms about too – phew!). FYI these utterly gorgeous boots are by Fly London
and then last, but very much NOT least…………
5) Pewter. This is the main trend you’ll see everywhere! Hip Hip Hooray – pewter is very much a Modish favourite! Mainly because it incorporate two things we love more than anything – a bit of subtle shiny-shiny, along with the chameleon-like ability to go with just about any colour under the sun. What’s not to love! NB It’s only fair ro warn you that the Black and Pewter boots above by Fly London are selling like hotcakes, so if you fancy a pair you’ll need to get your skates on!
So, ladies and gentlemen, the great news about Autumn 2016, at least in terms of what we’ll be wearing on our feet, is that there’s something for pretty much everyone. And as doubtless this lovely warm weather will be buggering off shortly, ShoesieQ suggests that you head off and treat yourself to a lovely new pair of shoes or boots ASAP!